HGV Class 1 C + E – HET OPERATOR – SPONSORED RESERVIST (SR)
To apply for this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org or to discuss call 01980 667104
FULL TIME POSITION – Over £31k plus uplifts and Bounty (Immediate start available)
We operate a fleet of 91 vehicles comprising a bespoke HGV design to meet the requirements of an MoD contract to provide the Heavy Equipment Transport (HET) service. We currently have vacancies for HET OPERATORs to undertake the peacetime movement of heavy armour, train as a military army reservist and complete home based commercial driving activities.
Where you’ll work:
• In peacetime, Operators are based from home.
• Peacetime HET driving is from UK bases in Bulford and Catterick, with a Germany base in Monchengladbach.
• You will be affiliated to the Regular Tank Transporter Squadron based in Bulford on completion of all Military training and acceptance as a Sponsored Reservist (SR)
• We are extremely passionate about the work we do. Our diverse team focuses on our contract requirement with the MoD and have the drive and energy needed to continue to deliver our success.
What you’ll do – Your time is divided between:
• Driving transporters in peacetime. Your Primary role is the movement of Heavy Armour on behalf of the Army. This will involve UK and some Germany travel. Likely periods away from home of 4-5 days at a time in the UK and 1 – 4 weeks in Germany.
• As a Sponsored Reservist you will take part in Military Training and Exercises
• Commercial Driving home based. In peacetime, when not undertaking your primary role, you will be assigned to a driving Agency in your local area.
• You will be trained as Emergency Fire Crew Capability operators including “Blue Light” driving. This attracts a premium payment.
• Operators can expect to be deployed on Operations in military uniform for which salary is uplifted by 50%
• The above is a summary of main duties only, other duties may be required to be fulfilled to meet the changing requirements of this role.
Skills & Qualifications required for the role:
• We are looking for very talented, enthusiastic HGV Class 1 Drivers who hold a C + E Licence, experience not essential.
• You must not exceed 6 points on your licence
• You will need to be medically and physically fit to meet the Army training requirements (click on the bold words for full details).
• Willing to work away from home when required.
• Previous Military experience desirable. Serving Regulars or Reservists can transfer directly.
• The successful applicant will need to demonstrate they can work as part of a wider team and be committed to delivering an effective service to the Company clients.
FTX recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. You must be eligible to join the British Armed Forces. Details can be found here.
Operator pay can be up to £41k in a period of deployment as illustrated here: Notes to OTE Operator Earnings Aug 2018 v2
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com.Back to Jobs Download PDF