HET MAINTAINER – SPONSORED RESERVIST (SR)
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FULL TIME POSITION – Circa £34k plus uplifts and Bounty (Immediate start available)
We operate a fleet of 91 vehicles comprising a bespoke HGV design to meet the requirements of an MoD contract to provide the Heavy Equipment Transport (HET) service. We currently have vacancies for HET MAINTAINERs to maintain the current Fleet of vehicles and train as a military army reservist.
Where you’ll work:
• In peacetime, Maintainers are based from home.
• You will work within our maintenance department based in either Bulford in Wiltshire, or Catterick in North Yorkshire.
• Our site is part of a Military workshop facility, with a team can do attitude in order to achieve our company goals.
• You will be affiliated to the Regular Tank Transporter Squadron based in Bulford on completion of all Military training and acceptance as a Sponsored Reservist (SR)
• We are extremely passionate about the work we do. Our diverse team focuses on our contract requirement with the MoD and have the drive and energy needed to continue to deliver our success.
What you’ll do – Your time is divided between:
• HGV Fleet Maintenance. Your Primary role is the maintenance of the ‘Admin’ Fleet of HET vehicles.
• As a Sponsored Reservist you will take part in Military Training and Exercises
• Maintainers will be expected to be deployed on Operations in military uniform for which salary is uplifted by 50%
• The above is a summary of main duties only, other duties may be required to be fulfilled to meet the changing requirements of this role.
Skills & Qualifications required for the role:
• We are looking for very talented, enthusiastic HGV mechanics. All applicants must be the holder of an appropriate BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification
• A C+E (HGV 1) licence is desirable although training can be provided
• You must not exceed 6 points on your licence
• You will need to be medically and physically fit to meet the Army training requirements (click on the bold words for full details).
• Willing to work away from home when required.
• Previous Military experience desirable or easily transfer if you are currently in the TA.
• The successful applicant will need to demonstrate they can work as part of a wider team and be committed to delivering an effective service to the Company clients.
FTX recognises the positive value of inclusion and promotes equality. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. You must be eligible to join the British Armed Forces. Details can be found here.
Maintainer pay can be up to £42k in a period of deployment as illustrated here: Maintainer OTE Aug 2018
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com.Back to Jobs Download PDF